Scientopia has been up and running for a couple of weeks now. I'm quite pleased with the way things are going. I'm particularly amused, educated, and informed by the ability of This Scientific Life to crank out so many interesting pieces. Here's some links from around Scientopia from the last week.
- Dr Scicurious talks about poo.
- DrugMonkey talks about supplementary materials that accompany manuscripts and ruin science.
- Jason Goldman at Child's Play examines the constancy (or lack thereof) of personality traits.
- Everyday Biology shows us the western fence lizard. I love lizards.
- The Urban Ethn0grapher gives us a fascinating history of a New York fishmarket.
- Adventures in Ethics and Science examines why scientific misconduct is antithetical to the scientific method.
There's much more. We're still new and currently working on tweaking our site-wide feed. Enjoy your stay, and come again soon.