BMI TMI---the asymptote

Aug 26 2009 Published by under Medicine

So, I ate a big meal last night and I'm at 206 today. I think I've gotten a little out of hand with the "cheating". I'm going to have to be more attentive to what I'm shoving down my gullet. Ugh. Well, back to work, then.

• DJ says:

If you have an iPhone or an iPod Touch you can get an app to track your dietary intake and excercise. I just started last Monday and it has been a huge help keeping track of what I'm doing. Good Luck Pal.

• Ahcuah says:

"Cheating" will get you every time.
    When I try to lose weight (and keep it off), I always start with good motivation and control myself fairly easily. I start losing weight without much effort. And then I cheat a little, but keep losing weight. Wow, cheating is OK.
    Then, next thing you know I'm cheating all the time, and I'm afraid to get on the scale.

• Eamon says:

You should come to Japan!
    My 2 primary BMI Indices (Waist size and weight) increased this year, but because my cholesterol dropped (for good reasons I hope) I got reclassified from overweight to normal!

• Ejay says:

My sympathies. One cup of plain Cheerios has 100 calories. One-half can of no-sugar-added peaches has 53 calories. Both are surprisingly filling as a late-night snack. Good luck.

I had a small serving of shredded wheat and a nectarine for breakfast, which was wonderful. Lunch was also small but satisfying.
    I think the big prob has been my "cheating"---i allow myself to have basically whatever I want on weekends (which is still less than i used to), but i've had a few lapses during the week now. If i'm cheating on weekdays and on weekends, i'm no longer on a diet.

• natural cynic says:

If it's around, it gets eaten. So, it's best not to have temptation. Or as Oscar Wilde said "I can resist everything except temptation".
    Alternate strategy, if you really have to have it, walk [or run] to a store at least a mile away.

• Charlotte says:

You may have stalled, but you're still lighter and fitter than you were at the start. Like many people have advised you, dieting for a couple of weeks isn't that hard but doesn't get you there in the long run - lifestyle changes are the tough bit. Please don't give up, from a purely selfish perspective these posts have been reminding me to exercise and eat less crap.